NBC4 CONTINUES AUTISM AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
- Parent Category: ASO Weekly Digest
- An in-depth look at the reasons for the new, startling statistics from the CDC that diagnosis is now 1 in 88 children (up 23% from 2010, and up 78% from one decade ago.)
- A closer look at an impending change on process of diagnosing autism.
- A local woman who helps train law enforcement officers how to work with people in the spectrum.
- The inspiring story of a local boy whose parents were told would never speak – and is now planning his broadcast career.
NBC4 is providing a live simulcast of the program to a statewide network of television stations that include Steubenville/Wheeling’s WTOV, Zanesville’s WHIZ, Youngstown’s WFMJ and Cleveland’s WUAB cable station.
The Autism Puzzle also offers a live phone bank (614-821-4444) from 5:00-8:00 p.m. and web chat (nbc4i.com) from 5:00-8:30 p.m. staffed by experts and doctors in the field of autism. Volunteers from the Autism Society of Ohio, among others, will be working the phone bank and the web chat. Be sure to check out the Autism Society of Ohio "commercial" during the program on our new "Neighbors" program!
To watch segments of previous programs go to www.nbc4i.com and search: autism.
NBC4 (WCMH-TV) is A Media General Company and an affiliate station of NBC. NBC4 delivers relevant content, accurate weather, and keeps you connected through outreach and advocacy in the community. When, where and how you need us. NBC4. here for you.